Thursday 1 June 2017

Mixed Media Collage Altered Book

Hi, crafty friends and visitors!

I hope you are enjoying the beautiful sunny weather! I am spending my time mostly outside so I am not so active at the blogland lately.
I am here today to announce that our new challenge at Stamps and Stencils has just started and our lovely Sue has chosen the theme: Words with Meaning!

This is how she described her challenge theme:

 I may be an old romantic but I love to see quotes and meaningful sayings on pieces of art. These can be quotes that are particularly meaningful to you or family sayings ! So, for this challenge I want to see your words taking centre stage, big and bold ! Remember, as always, you need to include some stamping or stencilling or both ! 

***

I was inspired by the artist Dede Willingham (Inkiwell) and her fantastic artwork so I decided to alter an old big book I found at our local charity shop. 
This is what I created.



I have chosen the page with a beautiful photo of the Chinese Wall to create some waterfall scene and started to apply a coat of a matte medium (I used my Golden matte medium). Then I glued down some collage bits and pieces I ripped out from some other old books. I applied another coat of matte medium over the top of my pages to be able to manipulate with my acrylic paints. I used some of my Decoart media acrylics and some of my Pebeo Dyna acrylic paints to create planets, stars, waterfalls and sky. I wanted to create an imaginary world with some movement.


I added some alphabet stickers I had in my stash and outlined them with my white and black gel pens.


I used the Andy Skinner stencil/mask (Children) with my black acrylic marker to create a scene of children going back home :)
I also used my white acrylic paint to create some mist effect here and there.


That's it for today.

I hope you like my mixed media altered book I created for our wonderful challenge theme at Stamps and Stencils and I encourage you to create your mixed media piece using the words that mean something to you with some stamping or stencilling and to join us for our challenge!

***

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving lovely comments! I read and appreciate each and every one of them!

Hugs! Branka xx

Challenges:

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is amazing, Branka!! I don't even know where to start!! The design is spectacular!! I love all of the amazing details!! It truly is a work of art!! The way you curved the quote is fabulous!! Stunning, my friend!! I love, love it!! So artistic and creative!! I hope you have a wonderful day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one amazing work of art! Your creativity sure has no end! I miss seeing your work, but I can understand wanting to spend time outside...
    Take care my dear friend!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous spread Branka ! I love the images you've used, they are so powerful and almost jump off the page. The quote is just perfect ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your collage art Branka,
    There is a wonderful story there just waiting to be pondered. Thank you for joining with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Branka, this is just amazing! I have been looking at trying my hand at collage with paper bits, but it looks like a little bit more than I can handle right now. You have created a wonderful work of art! Your galaxy background and waterfalls are so well done, and incorporate the photos you chose so well, merging realism with fantasy! Love this, and I do miss you! I'm happy you are choosing to get so much more out of life! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWSERS this is absolutely gorgeous and fabulous execution. Love it Thank you for joining in with this month’s challenge over at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit and hope to see you in our future challenges

    DT – Rhedd’s Creative Spirit
    Mother Hen – Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen - Eclectic Ellapu
    Personal blog – Handcrafted by Ellapu

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Branka! This is wildly creative and utterly astonishing! I am in awe of your talents, yet again. I love the words you've chosen and how beautifully you've transformed this spread into a work of art. Tremendous and so inspiring! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is an absolutely stunning journal page! I love it! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.